12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Batgirl
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Batgirl, whose superhero nickname is, for some reason, the Dominoed Daredoll, which is pretty rough, even by Silver Age alliteration standards. In this video, we will take a look at the history of the five (!) different girls and women to have worn the daredoll's domino, the various careers and ages of Barbara Gordon, and where they all are now (which might be nowhere).
- The earliest adventures of the Barbara Gordon Batgirl are collected in Showcase Presents: Batgirl, which is out of print, but available for reasonable prices.
- A more modern retelling of Barbara's origin can be had in Batgirl/Robin: Year One. You should get it.
- The Cassandra Cain era of Batgirl is back in print, which is nice.
- The Stephanie Brown era of Batgirl is out of print, but is available digitally.
- The first volume of the New 52 Batgirl, which sees Barbara return to the role, is available here.
- Alternatively, if you want to skip to the hip new hotness that all the on fleek millennials are #hashtagging about, you can start with Batgirl of Burnside.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.