The ‘Batman: Arkham Origins’ Collector’s Edition Brings You Purple-Gloves Batman (And Some Other Awesome Stuff)
I try to be responsible with my video game purchases, but let’s be honest: the key word there is “try.” As much as I tend to wait for a price drop for a lot of things, the fact that there’s a miniature Dubstep Gun and a rotating Saints Row IV display case on their way to my house at this very moment is irrefutable evidence that I’m a sucker for a good Collector’s Edition — and for the upcoming release of Batman: Arkham Origins, WB Games has gone all out in trying to to get $119.00 out of me. How? Nothing much. Just some posters, art books, a light-up statue. You know, the usual.
Oh, and also Purple Gloves Batman and a documentary narrated by f**king Dracula.
Okay, so it’s not actually Dracula — the Lord of the Vampires is presumably busy updating his biography of Stephenie Meyer — but the Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition does include a documentary about DC’s villains narrated by the star of Horror of Dracula, Dracula Has Risen From The Dead, Dracula 1970 AD and Taste The Blood of Dracula, Christopher Lee, and that’s close enough for me. Plus, it includes the “First Appearance” skin, which lets you play in an outfit based on Batman’s first appearance in Bill Finger and Bob Kane’s Detective Comics #27.
And that means purple gloves. Seriously, I’m not sure why they didn’t just call this thing the Batman: Arkham Origins Purple Gloves edition, but if I had to guess, I’d assume that it was because they wanted people who weren’t me to buy it. Here’s what else you can find in the box. Click the picture for a bigger look at everything you get:
The Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:
- Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
- 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
- 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
- Batman Wanted Poster
- Batwing Prototype Schematic
- Anarky logo stencil
- Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
- Wayne Family Photo
- Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
- 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
- Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
- Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
- The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
There’s really no way around it, folks. I’ve got to get one of these. It’s even better than the UK edition. At least I can count it as a business expense, right?