First Look At Warner Bros.’ Wearable Batman Cape Swag Bags For Comic-Con 2013
So, this is cute. You know those enormous over-the-shoulder bags that Warner Bros. gives out every year at Comic-Con International in San Diego? The ones that you see and go, "Why would anyone need such an enormous bag!?" until you do your last minute shopping on Sunday and go, "Ohhhhhh thank goodness I have this enormous bag!!" The ones industrious fangirls have customized into wearable dresses? Well, this year WB anticipated the bags-as-fashion trend and have prepared a new bag ready-made to be worn. Besides being fashioned as a backpack, this year's swag bags -- featuring images from Teen Titans Go! and Beware the Batman -- come with a built-in cape.
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, here are all the details on these cool swag bags from the press release that'll go wide later today.
- More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
- The all-new 2013 edition is fashioned as a backpack and features a built-in cape — to assist the super hero in all of us race to panels, of course. The detachable cape can be worn separately, as can the backpack.
- Each of the bags, designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, feature double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2013 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series, theatrical motion pictures and original animated movies.
- The television show titles are Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following,Revolution, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! (with Beware the Batman cape!) and The Vampire Diaries.
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s DC Universe Original Animated MovieJustice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be featured, as will the classicBatman TV series.
Downtown San Diego: prepare yourselves for more superhero capes than you have ever seen (and you have seen a lot).