DC Comics and Vertigo Graphic Novels and Collected Editions On Sale In November 2012 [Solitications]
Having taken a look at November’s periodical releases from DC’s New 52, Vertigo, Before Watchmen and DC Kids lines, it’s time to check out what for many readers is the main event of any comic book shipping schedule: the collected editions, which compile and usually complete comics stories initially serialized monthly in 20-page pamphlet-style comics you totally can’t put on a shelf. Below you will find the cover artwork and hype copy for new original graphic novels, trade paperbacks, hardcovers and omnibuses coming from DC Comics and Vertigo this November (and in beyond, in some cases), including Absolute Top 10 by Alan Moore and Gene Ha and Zander Cannon; the final volume of iZombie by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred; the first hardcover collection of The Books of Magic written by Neil Gaiman; and a massive omnibus of Geoff Johns work on Teen Titans. Each release will go on sale in bookstores as well as finer comics shops, where you can also pre-order your selections to ensure you’ll get copies before they sell out.BATWOMAN VOL. 2: TO DROWN THE WORLD HC
Written by J.H. WILLIAMS III and W. HADEN BLACKMAN
Art by AMY REEDER, TREVOR McCARTHY, PERE PEREZ, RICHARD FRIEND and ROB HUNTER
Cover by AMY REEDER
On sale JANUARY 16 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
• Six lives, inextricably linked in the past and present, each on a collision course with the others: Batwoman, fighting for duty and vengeance against a threat of arcane power. Detective Maggie Sawyer, investigating a case that could end her career. DEO Agent Cameron Chase, commanding a vigilante she despises. Colonel Jacob Kane, clutching at a life that’s slipping away. Maro, a new villain corrupting Gotham City. And Kate Kane, wrestling with decisions that will test her loyalties.
• Collects BATWOMAN #6-11.
GREEN LANTERN VOL. 2: REVENGE OF THE BLACK HAND HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by DOUG MAHNKE, CHRISTIAN
ALAMY, RENATO GUEDES and ETHAN VAN SCIVER
Cover by DOUG MAHNKE and MARK IRWIN
On sale JANUARY 2 • 192 pg, FC, $24.99 US
• Hal Jordan and Sinestro find themselves investigating a crime that leads them deep into the homeworld of the Indigo Tribe. As their situation grows more and more dire, the unlikely team of these two Green Lanterns uncovers a secret that will change the GL Corps forever!
• Collects GREEN LANTERN #7-12 and GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1.
JUSTICE LEAGUE VOL. 2: THE VILLAIN’S JOURNEY HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS, GENE HA, CARLOS D’ANDA, IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
On sale JANUARY 30 • 176 pg, FC, $24.99 US
• Now that the team’s origin story is complete, we shift to the present-day Justice League! What has changed? Who has joined the team since? And why does Green Arrow want to join those ranks so badly?
• Plus, someone is out to get the Justice League, and he is determined to show the world how mortal these godlike beings really are!
• Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE #7-12.
WONDER WOMAN VOL. 2: GUTS HC
Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
Art by CLIFF CHIANG, TONY AKINS and DAN GREEN
Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
On sale JANUARY 9 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
• Wonder Woman goes to hell! After playing Poseidon, Hades, and Hera against each other, Hades strikes back by kidnapping Zola and trapping her in the Underworld. It’s up to Wonder Woman – with a little help from
the God of Love and the God of Smiths – to break Zola out. But what is Hades’ real game, and once you get into the land of the dead, how exactly do you get out?
• Collects WONDER WOMAN #7-12.
THE BATMAN CHRONICLES VOL. 11 TP
Written by Various
Art by BOB KANE, GEORGE ROUSSOS, JACK BURNLEY, DICK SPRANG and others
Cover by JACK BURNLEY
On sale DECEMBER 19 • 168 pg, FC, $14.99 US
• Collecting BATMAN #20-21, DETECTIVE COMICS #82-85 and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #12.
• Don’t miss this new volume featuring stories from the 1940s!
• Includes appearances by The Joker and The Penguin.
DEADMAN VOL. 3 TP
Written by ARNOLD DRAKE, PAUL LEVITZ and others
Art by MIKE GRELL, KURT SCHAFFENBERGER and others
Cover by JIM APARO
On sale DECEMBER 12 • 176 pg, FC, $16.99 US
• Deadman’s adventures continue in these 1970s tales collected for the first time!
• Collecting PHANTOM STRANGER #33 and 39-41, THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #133, SUPERMAN FAMILY #183, WORLD’S FINEST #223 and 227 and DC SUPER-STARS #18!
BATMAN: NO MAN’S LAND VOL. 4 TP NEW EDITION
Written by CHUCK DIXON, DENNIS O’NEIL and others
Art by VARIOUS
Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
On sale DECEMBER 5 • 552 pg, FC, $34.99 US
• In this final NO MAN’S LAND volume, Lex Luthor swoops in to help rebuild Gotham City – but his secret plan is to secure the ownership of much of the city’s real estate!
• In the chaos of the waning days of the city’s crisis, The Joker strikes, kidnapping a number of infants and killing members of the Gotham City Police Department.
• Collects BATMAN CHRONICLES #18, BATMAN #572-574, DETECTIVE COMICS #739-741, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #125-126, ROBIN #73, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #93-94, AZRAEL: AGENT OF THE BAT #59-61, CATWOMAN #75-77, NIGHTWING #38-39 and BATMAN: NO MAN’S LAND #0.
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: OMEGA TP
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by MARK BAGLEY, BRETT BOOTH, POW RODRIX, ROBSON ROCHA, ROB HUNTER, CHRISTIAN ALAMY and NORM RAPMUND
Cover by MARK BAGLEY and ROB HUNTER
On sale DECEMBER 12 • 200 pg, FC, $16.99 US
• The World’s Greatest Super Heroes battle The Crime Syndicate in these tales from JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #49-53 and STARMAN/CONGORILLA #1.
• It’s up to five members of The Justice League to save Washington, D.C., with serious repercussions for one Leaguer.
• In order to help their teammates, Bill and Mikaal must begin an odyssey across the world that will evoke memories of the departed Prometheus.
SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WEIRD WAR TALES VOL. 1 TP
Written by ROBERT KANIGHER and others
Art by JOE KUBERT, RUSS
HEATH, SAM GLANZMAN, ALEX TOTH, ALEX NINO, ALFREDO ALCALA,
GEORGE EVANS and others
Cover by JOE KUBERT
On sale DECEMBER 19 • 576 pg, B&W, $19.99 US
• A value-priced collection from WEIRD WAR TALES #1-21!
• War stories turn creepy as soldiers battle ghostly foes, haunted weapons and much more.
JACK KIRBY’S FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS VOL. 4 TP
Written by JACK KIRBY
Art by JACK KIRBY, D. BRUCE BERRY, MIKE ROYER and GREG THEAKSTON Cover by JACK KIRBY and VINCE COLLETTA
On sale DECEMBER 5 • 424 pg, FC, $29.99 US
• The final FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS collects THE NEW GODS #11, THE FOREVER PEOPLE #11 and MISTER MIRACLE #10-18!
• Plus: Kirby’s sequel to THE NEW GODS, the graphic novel THE HUNGER DOGS and more!
TEEN TITANS BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS, BEN RAAB, JAY FAERBER, JUDD WINICK, JEREMY JOHNS, MARK WAID and MARV WOLFMAN Art by MIKE McKONE, JUSTINIANO, GEORGES JEANTY, MATT CLARK, IVAN
REIS, TONY S. DANIEL and others
Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
On sale JANUARY 30 • 1,440 pg, FC, $150.00 US
• In this massive hardcover from superstar writer Geoff Johns, Superboy, Kid Flash, Robin, Wonder Girl and Cyborg join together as the DC Universe’s premiere teen super team!
• Plus, meet new arrivals Miss Martian and Ravager and witness a battle for the fate of the universe as the INFINITE CRISIS arrives!
• Collecting TEEN TITANS #1/2-26, 29-46 and 50, LEGENDS OF THE DC UNIVERSE #2, TITANS SECRET FILES #2, TEEN TITANS/OUTSIDERS SECRET FILES 2003, BEAST BOY #1-4, TEEN TITANS/LEGION OF SUPER HEROES SPECIAL #1, OUTSIDERS #24-25, ROBIN #147-147, INFINITE CRISIS #5-6 and TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #1.
SUPERMAN: GROUNDED VOL. 2 TP
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI and CHRIS ROBERSON
Art by JAMAL IGLE, ALLAN GOLDMAN, TRAVEL FOREMAN, EDDY BARROWS, DIOGENES NEVES and others
Cover by JO CHEN
On sale DECEMBER 5 • 168 pg, FC, $14.99 US
• Collected from SUPERMAN #707-711 and 713-714.
• In this final “Grounded” volume, Superman meets the new Wonder Woman for the first time! But why can’t he shake the feeling he already knows her?
• Then, Superman visits Boulder, Colorado, where The Flash made a strange discovery that relates to Superman.
• And in Salt Lake City, Batman arrives to revisit one of his earliest adventures with The Man of Steel!
ABSOLUTE TOP 10 HC
Written by ALAN MOORE
Art by GENE HA and ZANDER CANNON
Cover by GENE HA
Advance solicited • On sale APRIL 24, 592 pg, FC, 8.125″ x 12.25″, $99.99 US
In Neopolis’s Precinct 10, where every citizen is blessed with super powers, they are the law: A talking, armored dog. A genetically engineered “perfect woman.” A high-tech cowboy. An indestructible man. A rookie with a toy box full of “helpers.” These are the cops of the Eisner Award-winning series TOP 10. Now, their adventures, written by Alan Moore, are collected in this new, slipcased edition featuring TOP 10 #1-12, SMAX #1-5, a story from AMERICA’S BEST COMICS SPECIAL #1 and the graphic novel TOP 10: THE FORTY-NINERS.
THE BOOKS OF MAGIC DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by NEIL GAIMAN
Art by JOHN BOLTON, CHARLES VESS, PAUL JOHNSON and SCOTT HAMPTON
Cover by JOHN BOLTON
On sale JANUARY 30 • 208 pg, FC, 7.0625″ x 10.875″ • $24.99 US
From Neil Gaiman comes a mesmerizing tale of the dangers and opportunities of youth, and its endless possibilities. THE BOOKS OF MAGIC collects all four issues of the original miniseries in hardcover for the first time.
Timothy Hunter could be the most powerful magician in the world, but does he really want to be? John Constantine, Phantom Stranger, Mister E, and Doctor Occult attempt to aid Timothy in choosing his path, but by the time Timothy makes a choice, it may already have been made for him.
iZOMBIE VOL. 4: REPOSSESSION TP
Written by CHRIS ROBERSON
Art by MICHAEL ALLRED, J. BONE and JIM RUGG
Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
On sale DECEMBER 5 • 224 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
This final collection contains iZOMBIE #19-28! Following a zombie invasion and some major heartbreaks, Gwen is hiding out in her crypt. But Galatea and Dr. Coffee are determined to give the town more to worry about – and the only one standing in their way is Amon the dashing, deadly mummy, and the end of the world as we know it.
DOMINIQUE LAVEAU, VOODOO CHILD VOL. 1: REQUIEM TP
Written by SELWYN SEYFU HINDS
Art by DENYS COWAN and JOHN FLOYD
Cover by RAFAEL GRAMPA
On sale DECEMBER 5 • 168 pg, FC, $14.99 US • MATURE READERS
Collecting the entire 7-issue Vertigo series set in New Orleans! Ruling over the most haunted city in America are the powerful Voodoo Queens – but the Queen has been murdered, and Tulane grad student Dominique Laveau is the No. 1 suspect – and marked for death.
NORTHLANDERS VOL. 7: THE ICELANDIC TRILOGY TP
Written by BRIAN WOOD
Art by PAUL AZACETA, DECLAN SHALVEY
and DANIJEL ZEZELJ
Cover by MASSIMO CARNEVALE
On sale DECEMBER 26 • 200 pg, FC, $16.99 US • MATURE READERS
In this final epic from issues #42-50, young Ulf Hauksson takes over his clan’s settlement in a new land before moving on to a violent civil war that followed years later.