Halo 3 Series 1 Figures from McFarlane Toys
Halo 3 is about to take the gaming world by storm and is rolling out a marketing blitz worthy of any summer blockbuster movie. From Mountain Dew cans to custom controllers, novels, comics and more, Master Chief is going to be in gamers faces non-stop. McFarlane Toy's, long known for their outstanding quality and details in figure creation has unveiled images for the Halo 3 Series 1 Figures along with images of the Halo 3 Vehicle models.
The action figures, sure to grace many a TV, desk ... car dashboard, include Master Chief, Brute Chieftain, Cortana, Jackal Sniper and a 2-pack of Grunts (hey, they're tiny). The vehicles include the ever popular Warthog, Ghost and new Brute Chopper. While Halo 3 hits this Fall, these figures don't hit till early 2008 ... think March. If past Halo games are any indication then there will be no swain in the popularity of Halo, and with Halo Wars on top you'll soon be assembling your very own armies to battle it out. These ain't your daddy's Barbie sized G.I. Joe, this is the real deal in Halo merchandise. Now to tell you about each figure as you gaze longingly at the figures, here's the info from McFarlane's official press release ... enjoy.
• Master Chief – The protagonist of the Halo series stands at 5 inches tall, and has over 18 points of articulation. Equipped with his trademark assault rifle, Master Chief's mission is to protect Earth against the Covenant, an alien empire threatening the world in the 26th century. Biological and cybernetic enhancements and rigorous military training have resulted in Master Chief's unquestioned status as the finest soldier ever mankind has ever produced.
• Brute Chieftain – The highest rank in the Brute hierarchy is the Chieftain, whose articulated figure is the tallest of the series at 6 inches. Belonging to the Covenant, the Brute Chieftain carries the gravity hammer, a close-range weapon with the ability to alter gravity at a local level and crush his enemies and surroundings.
• Cortana – Developed by the United Nations Space Command (UNSC), Cortana is a smart A.I. with the ability to project herself as a holographic image and be transferred between computer systems, including the cybernetic armor of Master Chief. This figure's base features an LED light that illuminates her 4.5 inch tall figure.
• Jackal Sniper – To the benefit of the Covenant, Jackal Snipers have incredibly sharp reflexes and deadly aim. Standing at 5 inches, the Jackal Sniper is equipped with its signature beam rifle which has the ability for long range shooting and a high degree of damage.
• Grunt 2-pack – At 3.5 inches tall, the Grunt is a menace to the human race, and represent the vast majority of the Covenant infantry. The Grunts are the lowest tier of the Covenant hierarchy, and move in packs. They are expected to unquestioningly obey the commands of their Brute commanders. Outfitted with weapons including the Plasma Pistol and Needler, the Grunts may not seem much more than cannon-fodder, but in groups, they can be deadly.
• Warthog – As the most widely recognized vehicle of the UNSC, the Warthog is a ground vehicle capable of carrying up to three soldiers. Known as the best all-around vehicle for its power, adaptability and toughness, the Warthog measures 3 inches in length and is built of die-cast metal and plastic.
• Ghost – The Ghost is a single-seat, anti-gravity vehicle used by the Covenant. Mounted with twin plasma cannons, the Ghost is a rapid-attack vehicle designed for speed and maneuverability. The Ghost is 3 inches long and made with die-cast metal and plastic.
• Brute Chopper – The Brute Chopper makes its debut in Halo 3. A single-wheeled vehicle, the Brute Chopper will prove invaluable to the Covenant's campaign against humanity. With a length of 3 inches, the Brute Chopper will be made of die-cast metal and plastic.