Humble Launches ‘Army Of Darkness’ Bundle With 92 Comics Worth Of Chainsaw-Handed Action
Seeing Army of Darkness when I was ten years old is one of those things that I genuinely consider to be a life-changing moment. The combination of horror, action and slapstick comedy stuck with me to the point where it pretty much became exactly what I wanted out of all three of those genres ---- and that ending, with the Deadites coming back to attack Ash and Hollywood Actor Ted Raimi at their day jobs left me wanting more.
Fortunately, through the magic of comic books, there is more. A lot more. And now, just in time for the Halloween night debut of the Ash Vs Evil Dead TV show, the folks over at Humble Bundle are offering up a pretty massive collection of Ash's adventures for whatever you want to pay, with a chunk of the proceeds going to benefit Doctors Without Borders, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the CBLDF.
The bundle includes a grand total of 92 issues of Army of Darkness comics, which, according to the press release, is in honor of the movie's debut in 1992. Here's the full list:
Customers can name their price for:
- Army Of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes
- Army Of Darkness Vs. Re-Animator
- Army Of Darkness: Old School
- Army Of Darkness: Ash Vs. The Classic Monsters
- Ash And The Army Of Darkness
Those who pay more than the average price will also receive:
- Army Of Darkness Vs. Hack/Slash
- Army Of Darkness: Ash Saves Obama
- Army Of Darkness: From The Ashes
- Army Of Darkness: The Long Road Home
- Army Of Darkness: Home Sweet Hell
- Army Of Darkness: Hellbillies And Deadnecks
- Army Of Darkness: Ash Gets Hitched.
Customers who pay $15 or more will receive all of the above plus:
- Army Of Darkness: League Of Light, Assemble!
- Army Of Darkness: Movie Adaptation
- Army Of Darkness Vol. 1: Hail To The Queen, Baby
- Army Of Darkness Vol. 2: The King Is Dead, Long Live The Queen
- Army Of Darkness: Ash In Space.
Yes: Ash Saves Obama, a strange story about Ash encountering the President of the United States at a comic book convention, from that strange time when Obama was in more comics than Wolverine. And just in case you think I'm making that up, here's a preview for proof:
To see more, head over to the Humble Bundle page. The offer ends on November 11 at 2pm Eastern.