Bryan Lee O’Malley Brings Exclusive ‘Scott Pilgrim Evil Edition,’ ‘Seconds’ Art to SDCC
Among the multitudes of publisher and creator exclusives being offered at this month’s Comic-Con International in San Diego are two limited edition releases from cartoonist Bryan Lee O’Malley. With Oni Press, O’Malley will release at the San Diego show a special “Evil Edition” of volume one of the new Scott Pilgrim full-color hardcovers, featuring evil ex-boyfriend Matthew Patel on the cover along with a signed book plate, five prints, stickers and more. With Random House, O’Malley will bring an extremely limited number of Seconds prints, in anticipation of his next graphic novel project releasing in 2013.
First announced earlier this year at Emerald City Comicon in Seattle, O’Malley’s hugely popular Scott Pilgrim graphic novel series will be reissued in color. Each new Scott Pilgrim hardcover will measure 6″ x 9″, feature a new cover by O’Malley, and come with supplemental and never-before-published materials. Volume 1, Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life, will go on sale in August with volume 2 to follow in October. The remaining Scott Pilgrim hardcovers will be published bi-annually and retail for $24.99.
Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life: The Evil Edition will be available for $40 from the Oni Press booth on its own or as a $100 deluxe collector’s edition package (limited to 1,000) which includes the following:
- A numbered book plate signed by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Five art prints featuring both versions of the cover, along with three of volume 1’s biggest moments–each measuring 9×12
- Eleven vinyl stickers featuring some of O’Malley’s favorite panels from the book
- Two scout-style embroidered badges featuring Pilgrim and Patel (not pictured)
- A hand-crumpled setlist from Crash & the Boys drummer Trasha
- A two-inch metal Scott Pilgrim 1-up coin
- A code for the digital edition of SCOTT PILGRIM VOLUME 1 COLOR EDITION from ComiXology
Available for free but in even more limited quantities will be O’Malley’s Seconds print, celebrating what he’s called the negative-one-year anniversary of the forthcoming graphic novel about which nobody yet knows much of anything beyond cryptic hints on the cartoonist’s tumblr. Measuring 9″x12″ and printed on heavy cardstock paper, the new artwork (colored by Kristen Faber) is limited to just 200 pieces. O’Malley published instructions on his blog:
1. Hurry to the Random House booth on FRIDAY MORNING.
2. Pick up a ticket for a Seconds print (LIMITED TO 100 FOR FRIDAY!)
3. Return FRIDAY 4 PM to pick up your Seconds print and have it signed by meeee!
1. Hurry to the Random House booth on SATURDAY MORNING.
2. Pick up a ticket for a Seconds print (LIMITED TO 100 FOR SATURDAY!)
3. Return SATURDAY 1 PM to pick up your Seconds print and have it signed by meeee!