12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Marvel’s Original ‘Star Wars’
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite characters in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're covering something called Star Wars. I had never heard of it before, but I have been assured that it is fairly popular, so here's a video about comics' first Star Wars series published by Marvel Comics. Find out which mustachioed carnival barker-cum-publisher did not think Star Wars would be popular, why the early comics are so different from the movie, and which character original to the comics makes George Lucas angry deep within his ranine throat sac, as well as several other equally interesting facts.
- If you are more of a fan of the Dark Horse era of Star Wars comics: be patient, padawan.
- The first omnibus of the original Marvel book is here. If you don't want to drop ninety bones on that, you can get the issues that just cover A New Hope here.
- The first volume of the new Star Wars series is here.
- The first volume of the new Darth Vader series is here.
- The first volume of the new Princess Leia series is here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.