12 Facts You May Not Have Known About the Winter Soldier
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at the Winter Soldier, the face that launched a thousand fanfics. The formerly brainwashed Soviet assassin promises to play a significant role in the forthcoming Captain America: Civil War, so now is a good time to catch up on his history so you can look smart in front of everyone else in the theater, as you provide a running oral commentary that they will all appreciate. Watch and learn about his history from World War II to the modern day, his time as Captain America, and all the weird business his robot arm can do.
- I'm not sure why I'm trying to avoid spoilers for a ten year old comic in this lede, but you guys are crazy, so better safe than sorry.
- The first appearance of the Winter Soldier is in the story named for him by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting. Here it is in paperback.
- You can see the Winter Soldier take over as Captain America in the Death of Captain America Omnibus.
- Or you can see the original Cap back in The Return of the Winter Soldier Omnibus.
- The first volume of the first Winter Soldier solo series is here.
- The first volume of the second Winter Soldier solo series is here
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.