Rachel & Miles X-Plain The X-Men: You’ve Got Dracula Problems
Subscribe to ComicsAlliance on
Welcome back to Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men, a weekly podcast in which X-Perts Rachel Edidin and Miles Stokes explore the ins, outs, and retcons of fifty years of Marvel’s greatest superhero soap opera!
This week: Dr. Nemesis is delightful, Bill Sienkiewicz foreshadows himself, Dracula hits on absolutely everyone, Blade Godwins a crossover event, Jubilee get a jet ski, the X-Men do Castlevania 2, Rachel and Miles pick a vacation destination, and Cyclops wants you to follow your heart.
- Dr. Nemesis
- A very good page of a very good comic
- Dracula variations
- X-Men #159
- Appropriate use of holy symbols
- “The D”
- Tomb of Dracula
- Curse of the Mutants
- Crossover events
- Why we can’t have nice things
- Some really sweet weaponry
- The Dracula Reassembly Machine
- Phone sex with Gambit
- The point of being Lord of the Vampires
- Authorial voice in comics
- Why there probably won’t be a Starjammers movie
Next Episode: Rachel and Miles go to Hell (kind of)!
More episodes of Rachel & Miles X-Plain The X-Men can be found on iTunes and Stitcher. For additional content, visual companions to episodes, video reviews of current series, and more, check out rachelandmiles.com, and follow us on Twitter at @XplaintheXmen.