12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Crisis on Infinite Earths
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
With DC shaking up its continuity again this month, this week we're taking a look at the first and still the biggest continuity shake-up: Crisis on Infinite Earths! This video takes a look at the history of DC's multiverse and shows how a crisis on two Earths became a crisis on multiple Earths, which then went on to become the story in which worlds lived, worlds died, and nothing was ever the same again, except for the things which would be retconned to be kind of the same again later.
- You can see the earliest appearances of the DC multiverse here and the first crossovers between the Justice League and the Justice Society here.
- If you want to see just the multiversal team-ups, those are collected digitally starting here.
- Oh yeah: I guess if you want to read Crisis on Infinite Earths, it's here.
- The twenty years later sequel, Infinite Crisis, is available here.
- The return of the multiverse is officially documented here.
- The "final" crisis, Final Crisis, is available here.
- The breakdown of the current multiverse is collected here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.