40 ‘Batman v Superman’ Rumors That Turned Out to Be Completely False
The following post contains SPOILERS — both real and hilariously fake ones that got widely shared online even though they were clearly untrue — for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
It is the dawning of a new era. An era of gods. An era of justice. An era of Scoot McNairy playing Robin.
Wait, hang on. Is that right?
No, it’s not, but it was a rumor that got circulated all over the internet in the months leading up to the release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. It wasn’t the only one, either; the movie web is filled with these kinds of rumors — a few true, many not — about the new DC Cinematic Universe. Now that Batman v Superman is out, we thought we’d do exactly what we did when Star Wars: The Force Awakens came out; take a look back at all the BvS rumors and compile the fake, false, inaccurate, or just plain crazy ones in one place.
We wound up with 40 (and we didn’t even have to include the one about Jena Malone playing Barbara Gordon, since it seems like that actually happened but was cut from the movie). The rest of these, though? Not true — at least not until the R-rated cut, where, we’re sure, Scoot McNairy will play Robin and/or Jimmy Olsen. Let the speculating begin anew!
40 Batman v Superman Rumors That Turned Out to Be Completely False
1. “The Joker [will] be in Batman v Superman.” — Latino Review
2. “The movie will use Bizarro to present a future threat to the JLA.” — Latino Review
3. “Braniac is the secondary antagonist.” — ComicBookMovie.com
4. Victor Zsazs, Morgan Edge, and David Cain “are [the] secondary villains making an appearance in the movie.” — Moviepilot
5. “[Metallo] is said to be the main baddie.” — Think McFly Think
6. “At 14 Lex was living on the streets and for survival was initiated into a street gang. By 15 that street gang was answering to him.” — Latino Review
7. “Lex Luthor is also into body art and has a detailed sleeve tattoo of the Metropolis skyline.” — Latino Review
8. “[Lex Luthor] will get in on the action … and will do so wearing his trademark green/purple WARSUIT!” — JoBlo.com
9. “[Lex] Luthor has [David] Cain assassinate the president and then uses this against Superman.” — ComicBookMovie.com
10. “Lex goes bald from Kryptonite poisoning.” — ScreenRant
11. “Once Doomsday fails, Lex reveals that he has an even more dramatic plan up his sleeve for the movie’s third act … Lex develops an anti-alien drone army.” — ScreenRant
12. “The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes.” — Latino Review
13. “Lex speaks about the shadowy government organization with even more shadowy motives… the woman in charge [Suicide Squad’s Amanda Waller] is someone even he doesn’t want to try working with.” — ScreenRant
14. “DC is setting up Aquaman (Jason Momoa) and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) to actually be cousins.” — Superhero Movie News
15. “Jason Momoa’s Aquaman is held prisoner in a containment chamber where we see his hand slap against the glass.” — Heroic Hollywood
16. “Could Aquaman’s imprisonment have something to do also with the upcoming Suicide Squad?” — Heroic Hollywood
17. “Commissioner Gordon will appear in Batman v Superman.” — We Got This Covered
18. “In this continuity Jim Gordon has, at some point in the past, bitten the dust.” — Birth.Movies.Death.
19. “Jim Gordon is retired — not dead.” — ScreenRant
20. “Dick Grayson lives but Jason Todd is dead.” — ScreenRant
21. “Batman [is] retired due to Jason Todd’s death” — ComicBookMovie.com
22. “Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city.” — Latino Review
23. “[The] Batmobile to resemble an old Cadillac.” — Batman on Film
24. “The [Bat]mobile looked similar to Burton’s.” — Latino Review
25. “Zack Snyder’s hot shot quaterback son Eli is supposedly playing the dead Robin that was filmed with Jared Leto.” — Heroic Hollywood
26. “Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them.” —Latino Review
27. “Scoot McNairy is Robin.” — iDigitalTimes
28. “Scoot McNairy is playing Jimmy Olsen.” — ScreenRant
29. “Batman and Superman fight twice.” — ScreenRant
30. “Batman keeps Superman prisoner in a Kryptonite cell.” — ScreenRant
31. “Classic Batsuits are in store … [including] Michael Keaton’s rubber body armor from Tim Burton’s Batman.”— ScreenRant
32. “Wonder Woman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.” —Latino Review
33. “Diana Prince is introduced as the Themyscira ambassador.” — ScreenRant
34. “Themyscira has an embassy in Metropolis.” — Birth.Movies.Death
35. “The closing credits on Batman v Superman will consist of a montage sequence reminiscent of what Zack Snyder did with the opening credits on Watchmen.” — Heroic Hollywood
36. “The Justice League assembles in the third act.” — ScreenRant
37. “Dan Amboyer … might be a member of the Green Lantern Corps … given his passion for flight Hal Jordan seems to be a likely reality for his character.” — Cinema Blend
38. “Flash and [Green Lantern] have great banter.” — ScreenRant
39. “Batman [is] reluctant to join the new Justice League.” — ScreenRant
40. “At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.” — Latino Review