Fantastic Five: Best Supervillain Teams
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
Good guys team up for unity and power to achieve the greater good in superhero comics all the time. Superhero teams are one of the surest and most frequent tropes in cape comics, whether mainstream, independent, or small press. Bad guys, on the other hand, are perhaps a little less likely to trust each other enough to form some kind of... squad? But that doesn't mean there isn't still a host of cool supervillain teams worth our time and attention. This cool list of cool stuff is here to count down and celebrate the best of the baddest.
- Vague links to avoid spoilers!
- Number five has their first appearance here, and their finest moment here. Or is this their finest moment?
- Classic stories of number four here, more modern stories here, and a more recent story with them here.
- The classic schemes of the team in number three are no longer in print nor available digitally, but you can see the reconfigured and renamed version of the team here.
- If you're interested in the team from number two, why would you start anywhere but here?
- Team number one first appears here, returns here, and gets their revenge here.
Check Out More Fantastic Five Episodes