Fantastic Five: Best Comic Book Reboots
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
With a heavily anticipated and equally hyped reboot (or de-boot? or lateral-move-boot?) debuting this week, we thought we'd take a look at comics' frequent tendency to hit the reset button, with a specific focus on times when things turned out, you know, pretty okay! Whether it was because a certain character or story was in particularly dire straits and needed a mulligan, or because time and hindsight allowed an already good idea to be refined, these five examples show that dramatically reconfiguring a comics series is not always necessarily a bad thing.
- Again, I'll keep my link descriptions vague in order not to spoil the actual video. Watch it first, then come back to these notes!
- Number five starts here. You should check it out.
- Get a big chunk of number four here, or a smaller, cheaper chunk here.
- Number three is here, or see it get rebooted here.
- A large serving of number two (lol) here, or a smaller one here.
- For reasons I do not understand, number one does not seem to be in print, but you can drop hella bones on a new or used copy here.
Check Out More Fantastic Five Episodes