‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blu-ray Release Date and Special Features Revealed
Captain America: Civil War is officially the highest-grossing film of 2016 (domestically) with over $400 million at the box office — which means you’re probably pretty excited about owning Marvel’s latest superhero epic when it comes to DVD and Blu-ray; which also means that this bit of news is of particular interest to you. Disney has set an official Blu-ray release date for Civil War, and if you’re curious about the special features, they’ve revealed those, too.
Civil War will be available to buy on September 13 in DVD, Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray formats, but you can go ahead and pre-order your copy now at Amazon. Here’s the cover art for the release:
And oh, hey, our old pal Mike Ryan is quoted on the cover!
As for the special features, there’s the usual making-of featurettes and commentary from directors Joe and Anthony Russo. There are also some deleted and extended scenes, but given the Russos’ economical shooting style, you shouldn’t expect too much new footage here. And lastly, Marvel is including a special sneak peek at Doctor Strange, which hits theaters in November.
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2 – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of “Captain America: Civil War.”
- Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markusand Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange - Exclusive Sneak Peek – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
All of this will be yours to own on September 13, and if you pre-order right now, you can save yourself a few bucks.
The 50 Coolest Easter Eggs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe