12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Aquaman
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Aquaman, who finally made his big screen debut in his feature length starring role in Batman Grrr Superman: Dawn of Aquaman, a movie almost entirely about Aquaman. If for some reason you've spent your whole life reading comics about other, less good superheroes and don't know much about the king of the seven seas, I have great news for you, and that news is this video. Find out the names of Aquaman's most loyal finny friends and his most devious villains, as well as how surprisingly accurately you can estimate the era of an Aquaman comic by looking at his hands.
- Aquaman rules.
- Haters to the left.
- Read a history of the best ever Aquaman comics here.
- The book isn't out yet, but I suspect many of the stories on the above list will be included in this forthcoming 75th anniversary hardcover.
- Otherwise, not much classic Aquaman material is in print. Quite a bit of his older series are on Comixology, however.
- The first storyline of the Sub Diego era, "American Tidal," is back in print.
- Start the New 52 Aquaman series here, or jump to the excellent "Sea of Storms" storyline.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.