12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Lois Lane
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
As part of our continued month-long celebration of Women in Comics, this week we're taking a look at the Daily Planet's ace reporter and Superman's hero, Lois Lane! Lois Lane was basically the first woman in superhero comics, and she has remained one of the most famous and best in her over seventy-five year history. In that time, she has been a no-nonsense, fearless reporter, a snoop with desperate dreams of domestic bliss with the Man of Steel, a crusading journalist with a black belt in space karate, Superman's wife and partner, and she was even a Brainiac for a minute. This video takes a look at all of these eras and more.
- You can see our breakdown of best Lois Lane stories by decade here.
- You can find a survey of Lois Lane's history across all the ages of comics in Lois Lane: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- Most of DC's Showcase Presents volumes are out of print now, but you can still grab some of Lois's Silver Age adventures (mixed with some of Jimmy Olsen's) here.
- Lois is also the star of a series of young adult novels by Gwenda Bond. You can find the first one here.
- Thanks, everyone. I hope you learned something cool.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next!