Valiant Reveals Full ‘X-O Manowar’ Cover, Featuring… Well, Just About Everyone
It was only yesterday that we covered the upcoming 50th issue spectacular for Valiant's X-O Manowar, and the news that the publisher will be marking the occasion with a jam cover featuring fifty different artists doing their takes on Aric of Dacia and his high-tech alien armor. At that time, we only had the names of five of the artists involved, and while getting a close look at their versions of X-O was pretty great, it left me wondering what the whole thing would look like when it was all put together.
But now, I need wonder no more. Today, Valiant has revealed the full cover and the full roster of creators, and it's pretty great. Check it out below!
And here's the lineup:
1. Neal Adams (Green Lantern/Green Arrow)
2. Raul Allen (WRATH OF THE ETERNAL WARRIOR)
3. Al Barrionuevo (The Authority)
4. Diego Bernard (X-O MANOWAR)
5. Doug Braithwaite (ARMOR HUNTERS)
6. Dave Bullock (Wednesday Comics)
7. CAFU (UNITY)
8. Eric Canete (RunLoveKill)
9. Carmen Nunez Carnero (X-Factor)
10. Sean Chen (Iron Man)
11. Collen Coover (Bandette)
12. Clayton Crain (4001 A.D., RAI)
13. Jay Fabares (Valiant cover artist)
14. Tom Fowler (QUANTUM AND WOODY)
15. Manuel Garcia (BLOODSHOT)
16. Robert Gill (BOOK OF DEATH)
17. Adam Gorham (Zero)
18. Butch Guice (BLOODSHOT REBORN)
19. Bob Hall (SHADOWMAN)
20. Rebekah Isaacs (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
21. Phil Jimenez (DC Universe: Rebirth)
22. J.G. Jones (Final Crisis)
23. Kano (Gotham Central)
24. Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT)
25. Bob Layton (X-O MANOWAR)
26. Mike Leeke (X-O MANOWAR)
27. Jeff Lemire (Essex County)
28. Steve Lieber (The Fix)
29. Emanuela Lupacchino (Supergirl)
30. Mike McKone (Fantastic Four)
31. Stephen Mooney (Half Past Danger)
32. Cary Nord (X-O MANOWAR)
33. Pat Olliffe (Thor)
34. Pere Perez (FAITH)
35. Brandon Peterson (Uncanny X-Men)
36. Brent Peeples (Last of the Greats)
37. Stephen Platt (Prophet)
38. Rafer Roberts (HARBINGER RENEGADES)
39. Paolo Rivera (THE VALIANT)
40. Riley Rossmo (Batman)
41. Juan Jose Ryp (BRITANNIA)
42. Rafa Sandoval (X-O MANOWAR)
43. Donovan Santiago ("Valiant 8-Bit" cover artist)
44. Marguerite Sauvage (FAITH)
45. Joe St. Pierre (RAI)
46. Philip Tan (Batman & Robin)
47. Michael Walsh (The Vision)
48. Ryan Winn (DIVINITY)
49. Kevin VanHook (BLOODSHOT)
50. Ramon Villalobos (E is for Extinction)
No word yet on whether they're going to follow this up with fifty individual variant covers, but that seems like it might be a bit extreme.
Here's the official solicitation info:
X-O MANOWAR #50 (OVERSIZED MILESTONE!)
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI & TOP SECRET GUESTS!
Art by JOE BENNETT, ROBERTO DE LA TORRE & TOP SECRET GUESTS!
Wraparound All-Star Jam Cover by VARIOUS
T+ | COMING IN SEPTEMBER!
Abducted by a brutal race of extraterrestrials known as the Vine, Aric was forced into slavery on an alien world. Torn from his family, his people and his nation, he spent years plotting his escape…until the day came that he was able to seize a weapon of incalculable destruction – a sentient suit of alien armor – and become X-O Manowar!
Returning to Earth only to find that 1,600 years have passed during his journey across the stars, the world’s most primitive man now wields the universe’s most powerful weapon. Working in concert with Earth’s governments and other super-powered heroes like himself, Aric has defended the planet, brokered peace amongst the powerful, and even rebuilt his kingdom from the ashes of history.
But now he faces a unthinkable new foe far more terrible than any that have come before… They are The Torment – and their name means death. Thought to be a legend by the Vine, they have now become Earth’s violent reality. As old as the universe itself, they have traveled for eons to reach us…in search of Aric of Dacia and the unstoppable X-O Manowar armor. Can Aric challenge a seemingly omnipotent threat with motives beyond the comprehension of mortal men? Will the armor truly be our world’s salvation, just as the Vine’s myths foretold? And is this the beginning of the end for X-O Manowar – or the beginning of something even bigger?