Panel Report: DC’s ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Preview Vandal Savage, Mega-Crossovers
The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow has Arrow and Flash fans up in arms over what to expect from the epic time-traveling DC crossover, but the Legends themselves are here to take the stage at Comic-Con 2015 to preview the new teamup series. Get a taste of DC TV’s past, present and future with our full Superhero Saturday coverage of Legends of Tomorrow!
- Early episodes of Arrow Season 4 and The Flash Season 2 will set the table for Legends of Tomorrow, introducing characters and plot points (rescuing Ray/reviving Sara). The end-of-year crossover will also establish some important Legends of Tomorrow plot, while Geoff Johns also confirms Hawkman will factor into the new series.
- Brandon Routh thinks Ray will be gung-ho to lead a team, but like his business ventures, won’t necessarily be that successful at it.
- Caity Lotz teases that Sara will definitely emerged from the Lazarus Pit changed, like Thea. “I want her to go nuts, off the rocker.” Unafraid to die, White Canary will be a bit reckless in battle.
- Vandal Savage will be a major presence of the show, an immortal the group encounters and battles in different time periods. Not only that, but their actions in one timeline may affect another.
- Victor Garber assures that Firestorm will be a part of the series “more than I even realize,” teasing that Martin Stein’s arrogance may overstep his confidence in the team.
- Marc Guggenheim offered that we’d get to see not just different corners of the DCU, but also some important moments of its history.
- No premiere set just yet, still waiting for something more official than “midseason.”
Premiering in 2016, so reads the Legends of Tomorrow description:
When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?
Set for 15 episodes (to start) thus far we know the series to include among its cast Dr. Martin Stein (Victor Garber), Jay Jackson (Franz Drameh), Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), Hawkgirl (Ciara Renee), Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell), Caity Lotz, and time-traveler Rip Hunter (Doctor Who alum Arthur Darvill).
We’ll likely learn more about DC’s Legends in the months to come, but what should we make of all the exciting teases?
Check Out 100 TV Facts You May Not Know!