12 Facts You May Not Have Known About The Defenders
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Marvel's other big-time superhero team, the Defenders! As you may have heard Marvel and Netflix will be debuting a TV show about the Defenders in the near future. I myself have not been following the news on the show, but am very excited at the prospect of seeing Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Gargoyle, and the Headmen on the small screen. This video takes a look at the history of the team in all its original, new, secret, and fearless incarnations, including some of the team's weirdest members, strangest foes, and the secret cartoon adaptation by the Distinguished Competition.
- You can find the classic 1970s Defenders series digitally here.
- The classic story "The Avengers/Defenders War" is available digitally here.
- You can get a print edition of some late-era classic Defenders here.
- Or if you hate Dr Strange, Hulk, and Namor, get some of that good good New Defenders here.
- Only '90s kids will remember that you can get Secret Defenders here.
- The kooky take by Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire from 2005 is available digitally here.
- The Civil War-era Last Defenders is available digitally here.
- The post-Fear Itself Fraction/Dodson run starts here.
- Fearless Defenders starts here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.