12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Vixen
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at the bearer of the mystical Tantu Totem, Mari Jiwe McCabe, aka Vixen! Vixen was created in 1978 to be the first black super-heroine to headline her own title. However, due to the infamous DC Implosion, her solo series was scratched at the gate, and she would surface a few years later and become a utility player in the Justice League, the Suicide Squad, the Ultramarine Corps, and other teams. Her recent television debut has assured a return to prominence, and she has been announced as a member of the new JLA lineup. This video takes a look at the history of the character from her conception and debut, through her various team-ups and affiliations, to the various adaptations of the character in non-comics media.
- You can see Vixen join the JLA in the debut of the Detroit League here.
- Vixen joins the Suicide Squad here.
- Vixen teams up with Animal Man here.
- Vixen is really only a background character in it, but the Ultramarine Corps story from JLA Classified is super rad and you should read it.
- You can check out Vixen's solo mini-series here.
- You can watch Vixen's animated series on CW Seed here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.