12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Witchblade [Love & Sex Week]
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at one of Top Cow's star players, Witchblade! The Witchblade is a powerful artifact meant to create balance between chaos and order, and has been at the heart of Top Cow's storylines for over twenty years, spinning off into other titles such as The Darkness. This video takes a look at the history of both the artifact and its current wielder, NYC detective Sara Pezzini, from her false-start debut to her surprisingly numerous crossovers to her TV adaptation and its unfortunate end, all the way to Japan's surprising obsession with the concept.
- Those earliest issues of Witchblade that burned up the Wizard magazine charts back in the day can be found digitally here.
- Here is a different jumping on point for the book, beginning the era by Ron Marz and Mike Choi.
- Here is yet another jumping on point, beginning the Rebirth era by Tim Seeley and Diego Bernard.
- You can pre-order a complete collection of Stjepan Sejic's alternate universe Witchblade story Switch here.
- You can get the entirety of the live action Witchblade TV series on DVD here.
- You can get the complete anime series here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next!