12 Facts You May Not Have Known About The Flintstones
Everyone loves trivia about their favorite animated features and series, but with over 100 years of animation history behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in cartoons in this continuing video series. You think you know cartoons? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at the modern Stone Age family, the Flintstones! Until the debut of The Simpsons in the late '80s, The Flintstones was the most popular animated network series ever, and the first cartoon to air in primetime. This video takes a look at the history of the franchise, from its humble beginnings as a Stone Age sitcom and as it wends its way through other genres, like teen romance, supernatural adventure, and buddy cops.
- You can get the entire original Flintstones series here, or just the first season here if you're not a big spender.
- The original theatrical Flintstones film, The Man Called Flintstone, is available here.
- If you like the concept of The Flintstones but are like, "These cavepeople are TOO OLD," then you can get The Flintstone Kids on DVD here.
- You can see the Flintstones meet the Frankenstones in this collection of primetime specials here.
- The first live action Flintstones movie is here, and Viva Rock Vegas is here.
- Cavepeople meet wrestlepeople here.
Check out some installments of our other video series below, and let us know which cartoon series you think we should cover next in You Think You Know Cartoons?