12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Iron Fist
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week, we're taking a look at the man who, by focusing his chi, can make his fists like unto a thing of iron, Danny Rand, the immortal Iron Fist! Undoubtedly the greatest martial artist ever to get his powers by hugging a dragon, Iron Fist will star in his very own Netflix series next year, so now is the time to bone up on the character so you can be annoyed by everything they get wrong on the show. Find out everything from the inspiration for the character, to his origin, his involvement in one of the longest-standing bromances in comics, and just how many capital cities heaven has (spoiler: seven).
- The very earliest Iron Fist stories, including his origin, are collected here.
- Alternatively, for more content for less money, you could have this collection that not only has all the Iron Fist material from Marvel Premiere, but also the entire first solo series by Claremont and Byrne, PLUS the wrap-up to that series that happened in Marvel Team-Up.
- Follow that up with this collection of the earliest Iron Fist/Luke Cage team-ups.
- Even more of that business in this collection available for pre-order.
- If you're wondering what Iron Fist was up to in the '90s and '00s: great news.
- If you're interested in Iron Fist and can only get one thing from this list, make it the complete collection of Immortal Iron Fist.
- The most recent Iron Fist solo series here.
- Pre-order the first collection of the latest Power Man and Iron Fist team-up series here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.