12 Facts You May Not Have Known About ‘My Little Pony’
Everyone loves trivia about their favorite animated features and series, but with over 100 years of animation history behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in cartoons in this continuing video series. You think you know cartoons? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we are looking at the phenomenon that is Hasbro's My Little Pony franchise, digging deep into the history of these petite equines for whom amity is so miraculous. For example, did you know that there were My Little Ponys before 2010? Yeah, it's true. Little girls used to watch it. Sounds crazy in retrospect, doesn't it? Anyway, this video looks at the history of MLP from its conception as a toy, to a series of TV specials, to a box office bomb, to, ultimately, a ratings powerhouse.
- The original My Little Pony movie is available on DVD here. Help prove 1986 wrong and make it a huge hit.
- The original MLP TV series without all that Potato Head Kids nonsense can be found on DVD here.
- If you've ever been like, "What would it look like if a pastel pony rode a bus and then roller skated?" great news: you can get the complete series of My Little Pony Tales here.
- If you clicked on this, you've probably already seen it, but here is season one of Friendship Is Magic.
- Here is a three-pack of Equestria Girls movies if that's more your speed.
- If you haven't gotten into the MLP comics series yet, you can start with volume one here.
Check out some installments of our other video series below, and let us know which cartoon series you think we should cover next in You Think You Know Cartoons?