Superman Takes On Superman In ‘Super League’ By Tomasi, Janin, Mahnke And More
So here's what we know about the upcoming "Super League" crossover that's running through Action Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman/Superman in April and May: Ever since Convergence, the pre-New 52 Superman (you know, the John Byrne/Dan Jurgens Superman who was rebooted, killed, brought back as four guys, turned electrical, brought back as two guys, and married Lois Lane?) has been running around the current DC Universe, completely separate from the current Superman.
Now, they're finally going to meet in a crossover that sees Superman forming his own team and traveling across the world with Batman and Wonder Woman on the trail of a missing Supergirl, with a brand new villain pulling the strings.
The event is set to kick off in May as Peter J Tomasi and Mikel Janin --- late of Grayson and one of DC's rising stars --- arrive on Superman #51, getting the Man of Steel out of his T-shirt and apparently trying to navigate a world with two Supermen. Along the way, we're getting some pretty amazing covers from Janin, Karl Kerschl, John Romita Jr., Yanick Paquette and more! Check them out with some additional info below:
And here's the information provided by DC:
- SUPERMAN #51, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Mikel Janin, cover by John Romita, Jr. and Klaus Janson, is on sale APRIL 6.
It’s the start of a new chapter in the Man of Steel’s life that will change everything you know as the epic eight-part “Super League,” all written by Peter J. Tomasi, spans SUPERMAN, BATMAN/SUPERMAN, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN and ACTION COMICS in April and May!
- BATMAN/SUPERMAN #31, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Doug Mahnke and Jaime Mendoza, cover by Yanick Paquette, is on sale APRIL 13.
In part two of “Super League,” Superman enlists Batman’s aid in seeking out people that can help form his new super-league…
- ACTION COMICS #51, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Fernando Pasarin, cover by Karl Kerschl, is on sale APRIL 20.
Superman is shocked to learn that Kara has been missing for some time as part three of “Super League” begins!
- SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #28, written by Peter J. TomasI, art by Ed Benes, cover by Paul Renaud, is on sale APRIL 27.
In part four of “Super League,” Wonder Woman and Superman encounter the being that was discovered in BATMAN/SUPERMAN #31.
- BATMAN/SUPERMAN #32, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Tyler Kirkham, cover by Yanick Paquette, is on sale MAY 4.
“Super League” continues this month as Kal-El’s bid to strengthen his forces brings him, Batman and Wonder Woman into China and into conflict with the might of that nation’s greatest heroes: the Great 10!
- ACTION COMICS #52, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Fernando Pasarin, cover by John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson, is on sale MAY 11.
“Super League” continues—as two Supermen meet at last: pre-New 52 Superman meets the current Clark.
- SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #29, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Doug Mahnke and Jaime Mendoza, cover by Karl Kerschl, is on sale MAY 18
It’s the penultimate chapter of “Super League”! When all the Supermen have fallen, it’s Supergirl to the rescue!
- SUPERMAN #52, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art and cover by Mikel Janin, is on sale MAY 25.
The “Super League” epic concludes in one explosive fight as the new master villain uses Superman's own solar super flare power against everyone.