Thrillpower Hits A Milestone With ‘2000 AD’ #2000, Featuring Covers By Glenn Fabry, Cliff Robinson And Chris Burnham
If you're the kind of person who keeps up with the shipping list every week --- or who reads our own Best Comic Books Ever (This Week) guides to every Wednesday's new releases --- you've probably noticed that 2000 AD has been steadily approaching the most important numerical milestone of its 40-year run. In September, the magazine will celebrate hitting prog #2000 by bringing back creators like Brian Bolland, Kevin O'Neill, Mick McMahon, and Dave Gibbons, all wrapped up in new wraparound covers by Glenn Fabry, Cliff Robinson, and Chris Burnham.
Check out both covers and information about the stories in the landmark issue with --- hey, wait a second. Is that... Is that Judge Dredd smiling?
Good lord, it looks like he's in physical pain.
Anyway, here's the info:
Europe’s longest running sci-fi action comic reaches its landmark 2,000th issue on 28 September and some of the most prominent creators ever to grace its pages have returned for a 48-page celebration bonanza.
Bolland (Batman: The Killing Joke), McMahon (The Last American), Gibbons (Watchmen), and O’Neill (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) are just some of the incredible talent to return – this issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987, as well as a brand new series by Peter Milligan (X-Statix, Hellblazer) and a poster featuring specially commissioned artwork.
Prog 2000 will be available with three variant covers – newsstand customers will be able to choose between covers by Cliff Robinson and Chris Burnham, while a special Glenn Fabry wraparound cover will be exclusively available through comic book stores via Diamond Distribution.
The incredible line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
· A special one-off Judge Dredd story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra
· Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill reunite for a special Nemesis the Warlock story
· Psi-Judge Anderson has another psychic case from Alan Grant and David Roach
· Sinister Dexter hit the road, courtesy of Dan Abnett and Mark Sexton
· A mysterious prisoner has a tale to tell in Rogue Trooper: Ghosts of Nu Earth by Gordon Rennie and Richard Elson
· Brand-new identity-theft thriller Counterfeit Girl by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo debuts.
· Plus, interlude pages from Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, Robin Smith, and more.
2000 AD Prog 2000 will be available from UK comic book stores and newsagents on 28 September, as well as from North American comic book stores via Diamond Distribution, and in print and digital from the 2000 AD online shop and apps.