Fantastic Five: Best Comic Book Couples [Love & Sex Week]
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
While Valentine's Day maybe behind us for another year, love is still in the air and to celebrate the seasons, we're counting down the best couples in all of comics. Whether it's long-standing relationships from the past seventy years, or more recent ones that have a passion which can't be beat, this list is the definitive ranking of comics' ultimate double-acts.
- Number five's heartbreaking story can be found here, and their surprise reconciliation can be found here.
- Number four has a lot of great stories to choose from, but if you had to read one it should be probably be their first date, found here.
- Number three has a lot of options, including their first appearance here, but honestly the best thing to read would be the most recent series, found here.
- Number two may be a controversial choice, but I'm sticking to it. If you haven't already read the story found here, you absolutely need to.
- Number one are a the single best couple in all of comics, and while some of their best stuff isn't on Comixology, I'd recommend this volume for really fun suburban superheroics.
Check Out More Fantastic Five Episodes Below