Fantastic Five: Best Musical Acts [Music Week]
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
There's been music in comics for as long as there have been comics. Which is interesting, since comics are a purely visual medium that can't literally reproduce music. But bands and musicians tend to be fun, colorful characters, and those are the kinds of characters comics thrive on. From superheroes who play music when they're not fighting crime, to teen books where everybody has their own garage band, to indie comics that attempt to get at what being in a band might actually be like, stories about music remain a comics mainstay. So in celebration of the unique relationship between comics and music, we've put together five of the best fictional musical acts in mainstream comics.
- Number five first appeared in this classic story.
- Get to know number four in this collection.
- Number three appears in a wildly popular series of graphic novels, which start here.
- Number two existed in a previous incarnation, but they become comics stars with this story.
- You can learn all about the history of number one in this book, and then catch up with their latest exploits starting here.
Check Out More of Our Fantastic Five Episodes