Fantastic Five: Best Female Villains
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
Doctor Doom. The Joker. Red Skull. Lex Luthor. A solid villain can truly make a story and show that it really can be good to be bad. But, as it turns out, hey, women exist also, and sometimes some of them do crimes too. Galvanized by this shocking revelation, I have compiled for you this list of the finest lady crime-doers that there are, in ascending order of badicoolness.
For the record, this list was reviewed by Pope Francis and was given the seal of approval from the official signet ring of the Holy See while he was speaking ex cathedra, which means this list is officially infallible and any dissent is grounds for excommunication. So there.
- Read about Granny Goodness and the Female Furies here.
- DC's Morgan La Fey here, Marvel's here.
- Classic Enchantress stories here.
- Star Sapphire's first appearance here, other classic stories here, a more modern story here.
- A pretty rad Mystique solo series here. A cool story where she is more villainous here.
- Seventy-five years' worth of Catwoman stories here.
- Uh, I guess I won't spoil who's in it, but you should read this one.
- Click here to get down with the clown.
Check Out Some of Our Other Episodes of Fantastic Five