12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Black Canary [Music Week]
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
To further celebrate Music Week, today we're taking a look at one of DC's most prominent super-heroines, who is sometimes a rock star, Black Canary! Dinah Drake first appeared as a supporting character in a backup feature in Flash Comics, but soon was so popular that she gained her own feature and a spot on the Justice Society of America. Since then, she's moved from one Earth to another and experienced some of the head-scratching-est retcons of all time. This video takes a look at the history of DC's sensational siren, including how she got her powers, how she became her own daughter, and her complicated history with Green Arrow.
- The most recent Black Canary solo series, that cool one where she's a rock star, starts here.
- Bloodspell, a graphic novel by Paul Dini and Joe Quinones that teams up Black Canary with Zatanna, presumably bonding over their love of fishnets, is here.
- The story where Black Canary moves from Earth-2 to Earth-1 is available digitally here.
- You can see some classic Green Arrow/Black Canary stories here and here. A digital version of their wedding special is here, and digital versions of the series they co-headlined following their wedding here.
- Classic Birds of Prey here, a digital version of the series including the beloved run written by Gail Simone here, the New 52 version here.
- Post-Rebirth, Black Canary appears in Green Arrow here, and Batgirl and the Birds of Prey here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next!