12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Robin
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Robin, the Boy Wonder! Debuting less than a year after Batman himself, Robin has become as indispensable a part of the bat-mythos as rocket cars and themed psychopaths. Over the last eight decades there have been several different boys and girls wonder to wear the little scaly green shorts, and this video takes a look at the legacy of comics' first sidekick, from his inspiration and creation to the secret in-continuity Robin you don't remember.
- You can get an overview of the first seventy-five years of Robin history in Robin, the Boy Wonder: A Celebration of Seventy-Five Years.
- You can read Dick Grayson's origin in Robin: Year One.
- You can see Jason Todd's most famous story, i.e., the one where he dies, here.
- You can see Tim Drake's earliest adventures here, his next two solo minis here, and the beginning of his first solo series here.
- Damian's debut as Robin is here, and his most recent solo series starts here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.