12 Facts You May Not Have Known About ‘Star Trek’ Comics [Sci-Fi Week]
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with over 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at comics' fifty year mission to boldly go where no comic has gone before: Star Trek! Although Gene Rodenberry's creation is better known as a series of television shows and films, and, well, probably also as mass market paperbacks and lunch boxes, there have been Star Trek comics pretty much as long as there has been Star Trek. This video star-tracks the property's progress from publisher to publisher, with a little detour through newspapers, as well as the various times the crew of the Enterprise has met up with mutants, heroes, apes, and giant robots.
- There are more Star Trek comics than I could link to in a million years. Here are some.
- The original Gold Key comics can be found collected starting here.
- The 1970s Marvel series is collected here. Their series Early Voyages is collected here.
- DC's 1980s series collected here.
- IDW Original Series comics are collected here. Next Generation comics here. Their ongoing series based on the reboot universe here.
- The newspaper strip can be found here. The British strip can be found here.
- Star Trek/Green Lantern here. Star Trek/Planet of the Apes here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.