Top Five Horror Villains in Indie Comics
If there's one thing we've learned from our years on the Internet, it's that there's no aspect of comics that can't be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there's no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we're taking it upon ourselves to compile lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
This week, we're heading away from the Big Two for a look at some of the scariest bad guys from the world of indie comics. The catch? We're also staying away from horror comics, just to make things a little more interesting!
- Read all about Robot Dracula in the pages of Tom Scioli's Final Frontier! There's also a minicomics-style print version if you ever run into him at a con.
- When Cartilage Head shows up, Achewood gets weird.
- If you haven't already read it, I cannot say enough good things about Paul Grist's Jack Staff. I wasn't kidding when I said it's my favorite superhero comic ever.
- If you're interested in Judge Death -- and who isn't! -- start here or grab digital versions from 2000ADonline.com!
- Jei appears in a lot of Usagi Yojimbo stories, but the best one to grab as a new reader is probably the Eisner award-winning Grasscutter.