Fantastic Five: Best Ghost Busters In Comics
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
This week, for absolutely no reason at all whatsoever in particular, we are counting down the five best ghost punchers, witch hunters, and monster wrestlers in comics. The occult detective has been a popular character trope since the 19th century, and heroic figures fighting monsters has been common in mainstream comics since the revision of the Comics Code Authority in the 1970s. This video takes a look at five different characters who ain't afraid of no ghosts and take it upon themselves to stand as guardians between the worlds of the living and the dead.
- Vague link descriptions to prevent spoiling the video!
- The book starring the characters in number five is no longer in print, but you can find the first issue of their series digitally here.
- The series featuring the character from number four begins here.
- This volume collects the earliest adventures of the characters in number three, and gets my highest possible recommendation.
- The character in number two debuts here, begins their own solo series here, has their perhaps best known story here, and begins their most recent (for the next few days anyway) series here.
- The series starring the character in number one, aka the best comic of all time, begins here, or if you want to drop some extra cash for a nicer edition, here.
Check Out More Fantastic Five Episodes