12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Darkseid
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're looking at Darkseid, the tiger force at the core of all things! Perhaps the biggest of DC's big bads, Darkseid might be Jack Kirby's most enduring legacy at Detective Comics Comics. In this video, learn the connection between the new god of evil and the legend of Curly's gold, the evilest inhabitants of Apokolips, and the secret of the anti-life equation.
- I am the Revelation! The Tiger-Force at the core of all things! When you cry out in your dreams — it is Darkseid that you see!
- You may live to witness my triumph. Live -- to witness the darkness transcendent... and your ultimate, undying doom.
- Centuries past, this creature tasted of the sweetness of our universe but then was denied it. All beings crave most what they cannot have. The entity has had a millennium to stew and hunger for the prize it sampled and lost. It will not let this opportunity slip through its inhuman grasp.
- On your knees for the master! The hour has come! HE has come! Who is beyond good and evil? Who is the prophet of Anti-Life? Who is the Rock, the Chain, and the Lightning? All powerful! All unforgiving! All conquering! WHO IS YOUR NEW GOD NOW AND FOREVER? Darkseid is.
- All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes! Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you. Nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! Die for Darkseid!
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.