12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Bone [Kids’ Comics]
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with over 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at one of the most beloved all-ages comics in the history of the medium, Jeff Smith's Bone, which basically asks the question, "What if Walt Kelly's Pogo teamed up with Carl Barks's Uncle Scrooge to have a sprawling, 1100-page Tolkien-esque adventure?" This video takes a look at the history of the series, from its origins and inspirations, to its awards and accomplishments, to various adaptations and ancillary merchandise.
- If you don't mind reading the story in its original black and white (you shouldn't; it's beautiful), you can get the entire Bone sage in one big, thick book for an insanely reasonable price here.
- If, however, you need the presence of color in order to enjoy things, you can get the first volume of the color Bone here.
- Or! You can split the difference and get the full-color full-series collection here.
- That brand new story and official companion book is available here.
- The Rose prequel is collected here. Bone: Tall Tales is here.
- The first of the trilogy of sequel prose novels is here.
- To learn more about the history and development of the series, check out The Art of Bone here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.