12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Green Arrow
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite characters in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
With news coming in on the next season of his hit TV show, this week we're taking a look at DC's Emerald Archer, Green Arrow. Find out just what Green Arrow's got in his quiver, the extraordinary lengths he went to to be like Batman, and what kind of shenanigans he got up to on his wedding night, as well as several other equally interesting facts.
- You can check out early Green Arrow stories--including some by comics legend Jack Kirby --- in Showcase Presents Green Arrow.
- The stories that finally made Green Arrow cool are collected in Green Arrow/Green Lantern.
- To see a cool modern take on Green Arrow's origin and find out why his bodyguard's name is Diggle, you should read Green Arrow: Year One.
- Mike Grell's legendary run begins with The Longbow Hunters.
- The return of Ollie Queen by superstar artist Phil Hester and some movie guy starts in Quiver.
- If you are a fan of the Arrow TV show and are looking to get into the comics, you might start with Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino's run, which starts with The Kill Machine.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.