Fantastic Five: Best DC Comics Events
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
Since the 1980s, big, universe-spanning event comics have been the tentpole of the publishing strategy of both Marvel and DC. Sometimes these stories result in classics of the superhero genre that remain beloved favorites of fans and critics alike for decades. Sometimes that, well, sometimes that doesn't happen. We're trying to focus a little more on the former than the latter this time. Here are five stories from Detective Comics Comics that smashed all the toys together until they broke, but, like, in a good way.
- Here is the companion to this video, listing DC's five worst events.
- I'll try to do the rest of this list without spoiling the contents of the video, so pardon the lack of detail.
- A new edition of the story from number five is available here.
- Number four is here.
- You can pre-order a new edition of number three here.
- Number two is here.
- The stories mentioned in number one include this one, this one, this one, and this one.
Check Out More Fantastic Five Episodes