12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Power Girl
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Power Girl, the adult Supergirl of Earth-2. Except for when she's a millennia-old wizard person. But that's only sometimes.This video serves as a window into the history of Power Girl, from her debut with the Earth-2 Justice Society, to her crazy post-Crisis origin, to her bizarre virgin pregnancy, to her return to Earth-2, to her cat that smells like a butt.
- Bonus fact: this video does not include the story about how Wally Wood drew Power Girl's bust larger with each issue just to see if his editor would notice. While this story is allegedly true, I thought one boob-related fact was enough for the video.
- Yep, I forgot to mention the Tanya Spears Power Girl. It wasn't on purpose. I'm sure she's great. As I am acknowledging that I forgot her here, feel free not to tell me about it.
- Power Girl's reworked origin from just before Infinite Crisis and the first 12 issues of her post-IC series can be found here.
- The New 52 adventures of Power Girl and Huntress begin here.
- Power Girl and Harley Quinn team up here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.