Fantastic Five: Weird Christmas Stories
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
'Tis the season, and so this week we're taking a look at some of the oddest, zaniest, and just plain weirdest Christmas comics of all time! Christmas comics have been around almost as long as the medium itself, and so it stands to reason that, statistically, some of them are going to just be super strange, and guess what: they are! While we could never truly scour every holiday tale of all time and narrow them down to a definitive list of five, I think you will agree that these are some oddball tales worth knowing about.
- I didn't include it on the list because Chris Sims wrote about it so recently, but Sweet Rein, the manga about a lady Santa who is in a bondage relationship with a human reindeer boy, is pretty weird.
- Number five is not available in print or digitally, and I think we can all agree that that is probably for the best.
- Number four is available here, and buying that book is some of the best money you will ever spend.
- Number three is collected here, and even though it's only 17 pages in a 624-page collection, the rest of the book is well worth your time as well, obviously.
- You can buy a used copy of number two here, and while the featured story is...not great, there are a couple of others that make it worth the cover price.
- You can get a used copy of number one collected here, and it's full of other cool, weird, fun stories.
Check Out More Fantastic Five Episodes Below