12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Apocalypse
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite characters in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at the X-universe's very own big blue meanie, En Sabah Nur himself, Apocalypse. Apparently he's going to be in a movie or something? Debuting during the height of '90s excess, Apocalypse has a history that begins in ancient Egypt, takes a pit stop in Victorian England, and makes its way to the 39th century before looping around to the present. Join us as we try to make sense of all that, and just what second-rate Kingpin wannabe the Owl has to do with it all.
- You can find the earliest appearances of Apocalypse in this volume, which also shows the origin of X-Factor.
- You can get all of Apocalypse's greatest triumph (and defeat), the Age of Apocalypse, in one big fat volume coming in time for the movie.
- Okay, not literally every little thing of it. If you're a super completist, you'll need this omnibus companion as well.
- If Apocalypse fighting Dracula is a thing that intrigues you, you can check that out here.
- A volume collecting the Rise of Apocalypse, documenting the origin of En Sabah Nur, will also be out in time for the movie.
- For more recent Apocalypse jams, you should check out this one and this one, especially if the idea of Apoc vs medieval Thor intrigues you.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.