12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Thor, God of Thunder
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite characters in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Thor, and here's a Thor fact for you: Thor rules. Whether Odinson, Donald Blake, Eric Masterson, Jake Olson, or [spoiler? Is this still a spoiler?], Thor has been at the heart of some of Marvel's most metal comics. If you don't know why Thor is the best, watch this video and find out about Thor's creation and comic precursors, the inspiration for some of the character's trustiest companions, and the secrets of his/her magic hammer, as well as several other equally interesting facts.
- If you want to read the very earliest Thor adventures, start here.
- To see some of the coolest Kirby-era Thor stories, check out this collection.
- Hey, you know what basically the best comic of all time is? Yes, that's right. Walter Simonson's Thor. You haven't read it? You should get on that.
- Your personal comics collection isn't complete without the complete collection of Thor: The Mighty Avenger.
- Thor: God of Thunder is basically the most metal comic in recent memory. You should check it out if you like standing up and shouting "HELL YEAH" all the time while you're reading comics.
- Or if you want to start Thor with the most recent run with the new Thor, you should start here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.