AMC Releases ‘The Walking Dead’ DVD and Blu-Ray Specs
The first season of AMC's massively viewed (and Golden Globe-nominated) The Walking Dead live action series will shamble onto DVD and Blu-Ray on March 8 and both options are equally rife with featurettes and extra footage. At $49.99 for the Blu-ray and $39.98 for the DVD, the extra content is definitely the key to casual collectors' hearts, especially when the bonus-less season one is available digitally for $10.99 - $15.99 via retailers like iTunes.
Anchor Bay Entertainment outlines the full specs for the Blu-ray and DVD:
• The Making of THE WALKING DEAD
• Inside THE WALKING DEAD: Episode 1-6
• A Sneak Peek with Robert Kirkman
• Behind The Scenes Zombie Make-Up Tips
• Convention Panel With Producers
• THE WALKING DEAD Trailer
• Zombie School
• Bicycle Girl
• On Set With Robert Kirkman
• Hanging With Steven Yeun
• Inside Dale's RV
• On Set With Andrew Lincoln
Depending on how appealing one finds the extras, the price point might seem legit, but frugal folks might dig preorder discounts at places like Amazon.