Rachel & Miles X-Plain The X-Men: The Brood They Carried
Subscribe to ComicsAlliance on
Welcome back to Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men, a weekly podcast in which X-Perts Rachel Edidin and Miles Stokes explore the ins, outs, and retcons of fifty years of Marvel’s greatest superhero soap opera!
This week: Claremont levels up; the Brood are legitimately scary; Colossus is an ethical dude; Nightcrawler and Wolverine share beers in the face of certain death; Storm turns into a space whale; we are Carol Corps for life; New Mutants are really into Magnum, P.I.; Kitty meets a dragon; and Xavier dies (again).
- The Brood Saga (X-Men #161-167)
- Paul Smith
- Space fashion
- A really terrible awards ceremony
- Tim O’Brien’s X-Men
- The Brood
- How to tell a good Wolverine story
- Rocket sharks
- The single most badass magical-girl transformation sequence of all time
- The X-Men’s Kobayashi Maru
- Friendship (more) (again)
- The Acanti
- Whether Cyclops watches Star Trek
- The New Mutants
- Our secret cold-open formula
- Cosmic crossovers
Next Week: Kurt Busiek! We would have words with thee!
More episodes of Rachel & Miles X-Plain The X-Men can be found on iTunes and Stitcher. For additional content, visual companions to episodes, video reviews of current series, and more, check out rachelandmiles.com, and follow us on Twitter at @XplaintheXmen.