12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Doctor Doom
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at the greatest villain ever created, Doctor Doom! Sorry, the Joker! Sorry, Lex Luthor! Sorry, Elf With a Gun! Look into your heart; you know that it's true. Originally the most persistent recurring foe of the Fantastic Four, Victor von Doom, the monarch of Latveria, expanded to become a foe to Spider-Man and Iron Man and Doctor Strange and eventually the entire Marvel Universe. This video takes a look at the history of the character, from the inspiration for his signature look to the time he wore a skin suit and beyond.
- Doctor Doom's earliest appearances can be found in this Fantastic Four Epic Collection.
- One of the classic Doom stories of all time is this one by John Byrne.
- See Walt Simonson's rad take on Doom in this Fantastic Four Epic Collection.
- See Doom switch to his skin suit in this collection of Waid/Wieringo FF stories.
- You know who really likes Doctor Doom? Jonathan Hickman. You should read his FF stuff starting here and building up to Secret Wars.
- Also definitely read Doctor Strange & Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment if you know what's good for you.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next!