12 Facts You May Not Have Known About The Justice Society of America
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at comics' first ever super-team, the Justice Society of America! Debuting in 1940, the team featured the most popular characters from All-American Publications and Detective Comics, including Green Lantern, the Flash, Wonder Woman, and more. Check out this video to learn about the team's Golden Age origins through their Silver Age visits from Earth-2 to their post-Crisis merger with Earth-1 to their post-Flashpoint return to Earth-2, and even more mathematical headaches.
- You can get an overview of 75 years of Justice Society history here.
- The story of how the Justice Society was forced into retirement here.
- The post-Crisis Justice Society series with art by the late, great Mike Parobeck can be pre-ordered here.
- You can buy the reborn post-Zero Hour JSA in fat stacks starting here.
- The post-Flashpoint version of the Justice Society from Earth-2 can be found starting here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.