12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Sailor Moon [Pride Week]
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with over 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at the magical-est magical girls of them all, Sailor Moon and the Sailor Scouts. Since the '90s, Sailor Moon has been one of the most popular manga and anime series of all time, and this video takes a look at the history of the series, from its inspiration and creation to its production and success to the wide variety of media to which it has been adapted, including a truly shocking number of live action stage musicals.
- If you're looking to get into the Sailor Moon manga, the first volume can be found here.
- Alternatively, if you're the kind of person who jumps into things with both feet, you can get a box set with the first six volumes here.
- If you're interested in reading Codename: Sailor V, the series that served as a sort of prototype to Sailor Moon and then ran parallel with it for a while, you can find the first volume here.
- If, on the other hand, you're more of a TV-watchy person than a comic book-ready person, first of all, weird choice of websites to be reading, but also here is the first DVD collection of the Sailor Moon anime.
- Large-headed vinyl figurine, you say? Look no further.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.