Fantastic Five: Best Time Travelers
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our years on the Internet, it’s that there’s no aspect of comics that can’t be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there’s no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we’re taking it upon ourselves to compile Top Five lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
Time travel is a tricky topic that can often trip up a story, but when it's done right it can be one of the most exciting and rewarding tropes in superhero fiction. This week, we're counting down the very best time-hoppers in all of superhero comics, in a brand new edition of Fantastic Five.
- We limited the list to characters who could call time travel their occupation, but that shouldn't discount great stories like "The Return of Bruce Wayne" and "Doomquest" which feature time travel as a core story mechanic.
- Number Five can be found trying to change things for the worse here.
- Number Four had a huge role to play in a certain crossover, found here.
- Number Three has a lot of great stories that feature their many different incarnations, but if we were to pick just one it'd be the one found here.
- Number Two joined up with another classic time travelling character to protect the timestream in a great ongoing series which you can find here.
- Number One likes to stick around in the present a lot wen they can, but were forced to escape into the future in an ongoing series which can be found here.
Check Out More Fantastic Five Episodes