12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Gambit
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite characters in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
Dis week we lookin at Gambit, chere. De worl's mos famous t'ief in pink shirt and metal boots, de ragin' Cajun is --- okay, I can't do that any more. No wonder Chris Claremont's mind snapped and he wrote Sovereign Seven. Anyway, in this video you can learn the strange history of Gambit's original intended storyline, which of his iconic elements were different in his earliest appearances, the answer to whether Gambit could blow up the whole planet if he wanted to (yes), and as many as nine other equally interesting facts.
- I think I forgot to include it in the video, but this is obviously the best Gambit-related panel of all time.
- Gambit's earliest appearances and first solo mini can be found collected here.
- The second Gambit mini and the Mike Wieringo-drawn Rogue series are collected here.
- Gambit's first solo ongoing is collected here.
- The second volume of the most recent Gambit ongoing is here, because the first volume is out of print for some reason. (You can get it digitally here.)
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.